Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

It's been awhile since we did our last post. We left for the Cities after church Christmas Eve and didn't come back until yesterday. It was quite the adventurous week. We stayed with my sister Kathy's family for Christmas and my parents and brother, Nick were there too. We were able to spend time celebrating with my family and Ben's which was really nice.

We spent the week in the cities and then headed up to my parents' house in Breezy Point on Friday, where we stayed for the weekend. A bunch of my family went up there too so it was really fun. We were able to celebrate Caleb's first birthday with everyone Saturday and bring in the New Year on Sunday with a Dance Dance Revolution competition followed by some great cheese fondue (and some other great snacks) and a slide show of a bunch of old family photos. Unfortunately, the show started in about 1960 and we just barely made it to the beginning of my life before the slides had to be put away to see the ball drop! That's ok though. It was fun to see what my family looked like before I ever entered the picture. Apparently there were a lot more zoos and amusement parks before I came along!

I think I would be here all night if I tried to post all the great pictures from this week so I will stick to the highlights.

-Jenny


Ben's stepsister, Christy, gave their dogs a workout by pulling the kids around in the sleds. Sophia didn't want to do it but Caleb was all for it.

Ben's brothers kids, Breanna and Kalista with Sophia and Caleb. It was fun trying to get four kids under 4 to cooperate for a photo!

My parents with most of the grandkids that were around on Christmas. Caleb was already sleeping.


Sophia and her cousin Sebastian. Sebastian just turned two but they are about the same size. I thought this picture was really cute!

By Thursday afternoon both kids had pinkeye and Caleb had an ear infection. I have no idea where they got the pinkeye from but it cleared up by the end of the weekend. Everytime we go to the cities we end up bringing someone to urgent care! Don't they look terrible?!


Sophia got to try out her new cross-country skis and I got to try my new snowshoes out at my parents house Saturday. Unfortunately, by Sunday most of the snow had melted and we don't have much here!

I know he's crying but Caleb really was excited about his birthday cake. He just loves to eat so much that he can't handle the cake being a whole foot away. He wanted to dig right in and eat!

Sophia's aunt, Karna, made this poncho for her for Christmas. It turned out really cute. I think I should learn how to knit so I can make stuff like that!

No comments: