Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back home safe and sound






Well I am back safely to the frigid Duluth winter, along with the rest of my teammates. On the last working day of our trip, we worked at the house you see above. If you notice how small the shovels in the first picture look compared to the doorframe you'll realize that the ceiling is about 12 feet tall. After waiting for a team member who was stuck in traffic to return with taller ladders so we could tear down the ceiling, I decided to climb up into the rafters and bust up the ceiling from above. It was probably the hardest work I had done all week. It was about 80 degrees and very humid. I sat on one beam and propped my leg up on the one in front of me. By the end of the day, I was limping around because my butt and my back hurt so bad. Don't worry...I'm recovering fine after a few strategic massages from Jen.

On Saturday we packed up and had a chance to see a bit more of the city before we flew home. We went to City Park, which was absolutely beautiful. I had to take some pictures of the water and trees around the park because they were so green (here in Duluth there's no snow so everything is brown!). Flying home was a bit of a temperature shock. We went from 80 degrees to a windchill of -13!

It was so good to be back and see Jen, Sophia and Caleb. Since coming home, both Sophia and Caleb run to me every time I come through the door and give me great big hugs. It's a great feeling. It's nice to be back with Jen too and I loved being able to share all the details with her of the trip and hear all the ways Sophia and Caleb terrorized our apartment while I was gone.

No comments: