Saturday, January 6, 2007

All alone...

Ben left this morning for a missions trip to New Orleans for a week. He took the camera with him so if you see any photos on here this week they will be from him, which would be pretty cool. He is leading a team of 13 people from our church down there. They are joining the Kenner Vineyard Church just outside of New Orleans as part of their Mercy Response Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. They will be spending the week gutting homes and trying to help people rebuild somewhat of a life. I've heard that it's pretty shocking to see just how much damage is still left there. It seems like forgotten news. You can click here to look at the Mercy Response website if you're interested in more information about what he's doing.

While he's gone, I am here with the two kiddos solo. So far (all 8 hours that he's been gone) the kids have been abnormally calm. Well, Sophia has been abnormally calm. Caleb would need to be sedated for that to happen but he's been pretty sleepy from his shots yesterday so the stints of hyperness are short-lived.

If you think of it, give me a call or shoot me an email this week. I'm sure I will need some adults to talk to, probably quite desperately by the end of the week!!
Jenny

1 comment:

annetta said...

Don't forget to call my mom to give you a break from the kids! She is having some withdrawals from kids!