Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Note for Dad

Sophia is learning to read and write in school and wrote this note to Ben last night to make sure that he remembered not to make her lunch. I thought it was so cute I had to put it in here. I think I was still learning the alphabet in kindergarten and she's sounding all these words out by herself!


If you can't read it, her words say, "Dad can u dont mayk lunch bkuz I am gonu hav a petsu prde. Sophie"

Interpretation: "Dad, can you don't make lunch because I am gonna have a pizza party. Sophie"

6 comments:

Christie said...

I love it.

Matt and Kristi said...

I also love it. (and my name is also Kristi...)

Brandee said...

That makes me miss teaching! I remember sitting with the other teachers trying to translate student's stories. Isn't it crazy how much more advanced they all seem now? She did a GREAT job writing that and sounding it all out. I'm quite impressed.

annetta said...

Too cute!!! Keep that one to post on her board during her grad party. :)

Angela said...

Oh, that's fantastic! Definitely something to hold on to.

Thompson's said...

That is awesome! A keeper for sure. I'm proud I didn't even have to look at the interpretation:-)