Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our Vacation








We took a little vacation to Bayfield, Wisconsin a few weeks ago to camp for a few days. It was a blast...for the most part. We got there on a Tuesday night and I entertained the kids in the car while Ben set up the tent in the pouring rain and then we went to town for dinner. Wednesday and Thursday were beautiful though. We went to Madeline Island, checked out the shops in Bayfield, picked apples and attended the apple pie contest to sample the pies before the AppleFest. Then, Thursday night Caleb woke up coughing so bad he couldn't breathe and Ben had to take him to the ER. The doctors there thought he had pneumonia; another doctor here thinks it was croup. Either way it was very scary. So, we got up first thing Friday morning, I entertained the kids in the car while Ben took our tent down in the rain and we went home and vegged for a few days, watching High School Musical over and over and baking. These are a few of the photos from our trip.

7 comments:

annetta said...

The photos are great!!!!

annetta said...

How is Caleb feeling?

Anonymous said...

Finally! I've been checking your blog periodically for new posts. I think blogging is a great way to keep your loved ones informed as to what's going on in your life. I might have to start one... I've been enjoying reading it - keep it up. Your kids are getting so big. How the heck did Caleb end up with blonde hair? ;) I hope he is feeling better - what was the end diagnosis? Love, Rach

Jenny said...

He's doing ok. He had some little pink spots on his legs yesterday and today they turned into full blown hives all over his entire body. I took him to the doctor and he said it's probably a reaction to the virus his body is still trying to fight off! Poor little guy.

Team Davis said...

Looks like you did have fun despite the weather and sickness. I think camping inevitably ends up having bad weather. Where in Bayfield did you end up camping?

Katie said...

Great pictures - You should update your blog more - although, I'm sure you have plenty of other things to do to keep you busy! It's fun checking in!!

Jenny said...

We camped at Dalrymple City Park. It was a beautiful site right on the lake. Thanks for the great ideas of where to go.

Katie, I know...we do need to update this more often...I try...I'd love to hear more about your adoption sometime. You guys must be getting really excited!